Serving Our Community
Lighthouse Bookkeeping has been serving the community since 2013. We provide dedicated support to provide both personal and professional bookkeeping services.
- Account Payable (bills and payments)
- Accounts Receivables (invoices and collection)
- Daily General Ledger Maintenance
- Expense Classification
- Sales Commissions
- Bank Account Reconciliation
- Credit Card Reconciliation
- PayPal Reconciliation
- Balance Sheet Generation and Review
- Balance Sheet
- Profit and Loss Statement – Month
- Profit and Loss Statement – YTD
- Accounts Receivable Aging
- Accounts Payable Aging
- General Ledger
- We Prepare and Pay Your State and City Sales Tax Online
- Setting Up Your Payroll Account
- Collecting and Processing Your Payroll Information Regularly on a Schedule that Works For You
- Making Your Payroll Tax Deposits Accurately and On Time
- Reporting Your New Hires to the Correct Agencies
- Preparing Your Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Reports and Returns
25 Years of Experience
Elizabeth Carlson has 25 years of experience as a full charge bookkeeper including accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliation and all financials. She has spent the bulk of her career managing a locally run small business where she managed the financial side of the business as CFO. She also assisted with business operations at the company which makes her uniquely skilled to address owner concerns on all levels while specializing in financials.
Elizabeth, as founder and owner of Lighhouse Bookkeeping LLC established in 2012, enjoys her current ability to assist a wider spectrum of businesses and business owners. Guiding them on which approach will best fit the needs of the business.
She also serves as the link to the client’s CPA, working seamlessly with then to transfer all records and necessary tax information.
It is her purpose to not only provide sound financial recordkeeping but to show business owners the financial strengths of their business and how to capitalize on them and grow their success. She serves simultaneously as advisor and advocate for her clients and is a trusted member of their business support team.
In addition to her extensive experience, Elizabeth has completed an Associate of Arts Degree in Accounting at Arapahoe Community College, a volunteer for Tax Help Colorado and is a Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University graduate.
Elizabeth has served as the past President for the American Business Women’s Association (Denver Downtown Chapter) and as a past Treasurer for the Evergreen Chamber of Commerce.
Listen to Elizabeth’s interview on Beth Andersen’s podcast, Breaking Upward, about why business owners need bookkeeping in a divorce.
We’re Here To Help
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why Do I Need A Bookkeeper?
Hiring a bookkeeper allows the small business owner to concentrate on running the business, and pursue innovative ideas to flourish the business.
Entrepreneurs who hire a bookkeeper:
- Usually discover they are saving money in the long run
- Meet payment deadlines
- Collect on delinquent accounts
- Have checks and balances in place while they are focusing on the success of their business
What Does A Bookkeeper Do?
A Bookkeeper does the day-to-day tasks:
- Make sure transactions are recorded properly
- Keep up with paperwork deadlines for new employees for the company’s payroll processing
- Invoice customers (promptly)
- Follow up on outstanding receivables
- Pay the bills (promptly) which avoids late fees
The Bookkeeper performs end of the month reconciliations, preparing monthly financial statements for the owner’s review.
We also prepare any reports for creditors or investors.
Bookkeepers will help you be prepared for tax time.
In addition, the Bookkeeper can make suggestions on how to increase revenues while tightening the belt on expenses.
What Are Financial Statements?
Financial Statements provide information that investors and creditors use to evaluate a company’s performance.
Financial Statements are also important to a company’s managers.
It is important to have accurate and timely financial statements, this allows management to understand and run your business.
Elizabeth has been doing my books for over a year now. Being a someone who didn’t want to give up the control of his books, I’m just thrilled that I did. Elizabeth is as professional as they come. My books are always up to date and my expenses correctly classified. This last tax season was one of my easiest because Elizabeth had my books reconciled and ready for my CPA in early January.
Lighthouse has done our bookkeeping for several years, and they are awesome!! Incredibly through, forward thinking and really easy to work with. I recommend them to every small business owner I meet!
Elizabeth has a keen sense of detail and catches items in my books that I’ve overlooked. She’s always willing to answer my financial questions and has consistently gone above and beyond for me.
Call or Email us Directly
PO BOX 254, Bennett, CO 80102
M-F: 9am-5pm, S-S: Closed